Summer 2015 EmploymentAPTLII is currently accepting applications for on-site residential language instructional staff positions in Summer 2015. The general position overview and duties are described below. Additional details on position responsibilities, compensation, and instructions for submitting an application are available at the UW-Madison Office of Human Resources official job listing.
TO APPLY PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- letter of application explaining your interest and qualifications for teaching in a language immersion environment, referring to Position Vacancy Listing #81656
- Current curriculum vitae
- Student/faculty evaluations of teaching, if available
- At least two letters of recommendation evaluating language teaching experience and performance
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Applicants who are not US citizens or permanent residents - Please indicate if you are currently located in the United States along with your visa status (e.g., current graduate student or faculty at a US institution on an F or J visa). A successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring eligibility for employment in the United States on or before the effective date of the appointment. A tourist visa is not valid for employment.
Master’s degree is required (PhD preferred), with a major preferably in Arabic/Persian/Turkish language and/or literature, or SLA focused on these languages, as well as native or near-native fluency in the appropriate language. At least one year of college/university experience preferred in teaching of Arabic/Persian/Turkish language at any level. Familiarity with current pedagogy also preferred.
Emailed applications are preferred. Applications will be accepted until January 30, 2015 or until positions are filled:
APTLII Review Committee
301 Ingraham Hall
1155 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring. A period of evaluation will be required. UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.